“The company could become the new Finnish unicorn, the next Supercell, Oura or Wolt.”
This is how Finnish business publication Talouselämä described us, in a dedicated profile of our growth story published just last week.
It’s a growth story we’re extremely proud of. And we’re taking some time to reflect on it, as we turn the ripe old age of 5.
Momentum & milestones
We’ll lean in to our Finnish roots and put it bluntly: we had a record-breaking Q3. We achieved 120% growth against lofty targets, and will now collaborate with new customers including Vodafone, Gorillas and F-Secure.
We’re excited to work together — using our cutting-edge AI developed and researched in-house — to solve customer support’s greatest pain points. And we’re also excited to partner with hyper-growth startup Dixa to provide a best-in-class automation experience as we both grow our US market presence.
Off the back of leading G2’s Intelligent Virtual Assistants category for the fourth quarter in a row, it’s fair to say the future here at Ultimate has never looked brighter.
Global team, global growth
Well, G2 customer reviews don’t lie. But a great product is nothing without great people.
Luckily, we have the very best team — and it’s only getting bigger and better.
After securing $20M Series A in December 2020, we’ve been hiring across the globe. And we now have over 109 full-time employees! This means we can really double down on our mission to build the most powerful virtual agent platform in the industry — and invest in innovation. In fact, over half of all our team members are in R&D.
We’ve also been joined by two new executives to lead go-to-market expansion globally.
To head up our commercial teams, Henrique Moniz de Aragao joins as EVP Sales, with Will McInnes joining as Chief Marketing Officer.
- Henrique comes to us after a highly successful period of >100% year-on-year growth at G2 as General Manager of the EMEA business, leading new market entry and expansion across the region. (G2 recently raised $157m Series D at a $1.1bn valuation.)
- Will joins after 7 years as an executive at Brandwatch based in NYC, USA and Brighton, UK, scaling from $20m revenues to $105m, culminating in a successful exit to Cision in June this year.
We couldn’t be more looking forward to working with them, as together we apply our industry expertise to ensuring happier human agents, scaled support efficiencies and joyful customer experiences.
Customers at our core
Even with all this growth and glamour, we’re absolutely still the same deep down.
Behind the scenes, our team continues to nail innovative quarterly product releases that give our customers the tools they need, and make our platform the best it can be.
- In Q3, we launched a pioneering Training Center, giving non-technical support teams an intuitive, no-code toolset for training virtual agents.
- In Q2, we launched brand-new Ticket Automation, using AI to free up human agents from the most repetitive support ticket tasks.
- In Q1, we launched an industry-leading CS Automation Explorer, providing a data-driven roadmap of automation priorities based on historical support data.
The Ultimate trajectory
On the product side, you’ll have to wait and see. We can promise we’re cooking up the Ultimate launch — and more — for the new year.
In terms of the bigger picture, expect continued acceleration in 2022.
As our CEO Reetu Kainulainen summed up perfectly:
“Since raising Series A 11 months ago we have been intensely focused on execution: our team is now 3x the size, our customers are rolling out our platform to new territories and languages, and with these two new revenue leaders and our first sales team in the US hired, we are incredibly excited.”
So, watch this space — and join us on our journey. We can assure you it’s the Ultimate one.
“Improving the way customer service happens globally is an absolutely massive opportunity and one we are committed to for the long haul, so even with the excitement we also feel like we’re just a fraction of the way towards our end goal.”
- Reetu Kainulainen, CEO & Co-Founder, Ultimate