Business Systems Lead, Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service offering today’s most convenient way to find clothes you love.
They serve more than three million women, men, and kids across the US.
The support team
Their support team consists of 150 agents who provide customer service in English.
Customers can access Stitch Fix support via chat and email, which all filter into their CRM Zendesk.
Stitch Fix wanted to free up agents from repetitive tasks so they can focus on providing the highest quality CX at scale.
Stitch Fix uses Ultimate’s intuitive dialogue builder to tailor automated conversations. They’ve also successfully automated FAQs like creating return labels and checking order status so customers can manage their orders more quickly and easily.
AI use case spotlight #1: Easily customizable dialogue builder for more personalized support
- The support team at Stitch Fix has found our no-code dialogue builder to be very easy to use, allowing agents to monitor and update the bot on the fly.
- For example, if customers are experiencing carrier delays, agents can add new dialogue flows within minutes to address the reasons for the delay — no prior technical know-how required.
- Agents can continuously improve the bot based on built-in analytics to provide the best possible CX based on the feedback they receive from customers – who are consistently impressed by their bot.
AI use case spotlight #2: A chatbot designed with the ecommerce industry in mind
- Ultimate has experience building ecommerce bots for a roster of retail companies including Lush and Zalando — so Stitch Fix had access to an industry-tailored solution from the start.
- Via our API integrations, for example, their bot validates customers’ data mid-flow. Once validated, the bot fetches customer details in order to auto-generate return labels, extend the checkout window, and provide real-time tracking updates on orders.
- Their bot allows agents to spend more time providing personalized CX because automation takes care of their most repetitive FAQs.
The fact that Ultimate integrates with their CRM really sealed the deal for Stitch Fix. Our seamless integration offers an excellent complement to the Zendesk product by adding extra capabilities like categorization and wait time estimates.
Intuitive, no-code solution
Our easy-to-use automation tools made it possible for Stitch Fix to see results they wanted right from day one. They are also able to monitor and update their dialogues so that they can continuously improve their CX based on customer feedback.
Customized ecommerce flows
Automation was all the more effective for Stitch Fix because our API integrations made it possible to meet their industry specific use cases — from generating return labels to tracking orders.
With automation Stitch Fix achieved their goal of offering consistent, high quality support across all conversations and channels. They were able to achieve a 29% reduction in agent chat AHT and fully resolve client email tickets 22% quicker.
Next on their automation journey
Having had a successful year with their bot — and recently integrating ticket automation into their support stack — Stitch Fix has been inspired to deepen their partnership with Ultimate. In particular, they are excited to continue exploring ways to improve our clients' experience in finding help.
Currently, this means expanding support to new channels and exploring how automation can help facilitate support. They are working on launching Apple Messaging for Business as a new channel, something that will surely be a game changer in the ecommerce ecosystem. This enables them to expand their repertoire of omnichannel support so they can meet customers wherever and whenever it suits them most.