Global Customer Care Manager, Lush
Lush is a global cosmetics brand offering fresh, handmade beauty products.
HQ’ed in the UK, they have branches in 21 countries — and stores operate in additional regions under franchise.
The support team
170 agents provide support in 15 languages to Lush customers around the world.
Customer care is available 7 days a week via phone, SMS, and email.
Lush needed to scale their support to meet growing demand — without growing their customer service team.
Ultimate’s ticket automation solution and a seamless integration with their existing CRM: Zendesk.
AI use case spotlight: freeing their inbox of FAQs
- The support team in UK and Ireland was already using Zendesk macros (prepared responses) to answer FAQs, but agents were still swimming in repeat requests.
- Lush went live with 4 intents to cover their most repetitive queries: sales and discounts, donations, order dissatisfaction, and discontinued products.
- With Marvin taking care of common customer questions, the team reached a 60% first contact resolution (FCR) rate — giving agents more time to work on complex cases that require their skills.
AI use case spotlight: scaling support without scaling the team
- Lush’s support department was struggling to keep pace with rising volumes as the company continued to expand, but hiring additional agents wasn’t an option.
- As well as deflecting FAQs, Marvin can request customer information upfront and add tags and labels to incoming tickets, giving agents the context they need to solve issues faster.
- These efficiency gains save Lush roughly 5 minutes per ticket and 360 agent hours each month — savings that free up their support team to dedicate more energy to meaningful customer interactions.
Seamless Zendesk integration
Our ticket solution fits right inside Lush’s existing tech stack, so personalization isn’t lost with automation and there’s no risk of data silos.
For a global business like Lush, multilingual support is a must — luckily, our industry-leading conversational AI can speak 109 languages.
Automatic ticket tagging and pre-filling makes agents’ jobs easier and removes the possibility of human error: meaning accurate data and reporting.
Easy to train and maintain
It took just 16 days for Lush to go live with ticket automation and the team can continually iterate to improve the bot’s performance.
Next on their automation journey
Building on the success of their English-language bot, the team is aiming to launch ticket automation in German next. After that, Lush plans to localize their automated ticket support in other English-speaking regions such as Australia. Eventually, Naomi wants to have bot managers taking care of ticket automation in every region Lush operates in.