Chatbot Architect, Victoria Plum
An online retailer specializing in bathroom furniture and accessories, as well as providing end-to-end design and installation services.
Victoria Plum has been leading customers across the UK to “little bathroom victories” for 20+ years.
The support team at Victoria Plum manages chat support volumes of up to 45,000 queries each month.
Rising support volumes and 85% of customer requests being escalated to an agent.
A customer-centric chat automation strategy, to maximize efficiency while maintaining Victoria Plum's distinctive CX.
AI use case spotlight: managing rising volumes
- When Victoria Plum saw a growing number of support requests, they knew they needed a smart solution to manage these rising volumes in a sustainable way.
- With Ultimate's chat automation solution, every customer is greeted by the virtual agent. This AI-powered triage allows Victoria Plum to easily process higher request volumes.
- Paul Meagher, Chatbot Architect at Victoria Plum commented: “We simply could not have handled our increase in chat volume without the virtual agent.”
AI use case spotlight: fielding FAQs
- Before Victoria Plum started working with Ultimate, 85% of customer requests around damaged items were being escalated to an agent. This left customers waiting and their support team overwhelmed.
- Today, 50% of these replacement requests are fully handled by their AI-powered virtual agent. And Victoria Plum has reach an overall automation rate of 38%.
- With a bot taking care of common queries, only complex requests (those that require agents’ empathy or problem-solving skills) are escalated — driving handling times down and CSAT up.
Ultimate's flexible solution allows Victoria Plum to handle support volume spikes and grows alongside their business.
Victoria Plum can incorporate the brand’s distinctive tone of voice into their automated conversation flows.
Increased operation efficiency
With chat automation, customers receive the instant support they expect and agents are freed up for more rewarding tasks.
Having a virtual agent on board means Victoria Plum can support their customers any time of day or night.